Georgiev, Todorov & Co. advises on various insurance and reinsurance matters, on deals related to insurance transactions, as well as on national and international disputes. They assist a wide range of borrowers, lenders, issuers, underwriters, and other clients in relation to debt finance and capital markets activity.
The long-standing experience of our team enables us to offer specialist advice, whatever the nature of the issue is. We also provide our clients with the assurance that we will use all of our knowledge to solve their problems which maximizes the chances of success. Our personal approach enables us to add value to the services for our clients through in-depth local market knowledge, multidisciplinary expertise, as well the capacity, where necessary, to manage international teams on cross-border projects efficiently and effectively.
- The law firm represents several municipalities, including Pleven, Silistra and Dolna Mitropolia, in relation to financial corrections under the Act on Management of Funding from the European Structural and Investment Funds for projects funded by the Operational Programs “Environment 2014-2020” and “Growing Regions“.
- Georgiev, Todorov & Co. has represented numerous banks on various legal issues, including Piraeus Bank in several insolvency cases; DSK Bank for frame agreements; International Asset Bank in relation to bank guarantees and UBS Switzerland on regulatory compliance of their banking agreements with Bulgarian legislation.
- Our team also assisted the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) on the process of the establishment and licensing of Bulgarian Investment Bank. The law firm has also consulted EBRD on the sale of its shares in Bulgarian Investment Bank.
- Borica was advised on the implementation of new types of payments, performed entirely in the internet environment, and regulated by the Law on Payment Services and Payment Systems. We currently provide ongoing legal advice to the client for various legal issues.
- Our team provides legal consultancy to some of the largest independent asset management companies in Bulgaria such as Black Peak Capital and Entrea Capital.
- Оur lawyers consulted the Central Depositary on the structuring, financing, and applicable regulatory framework in the capital market field in Bulgaria.
- Ministry of Regional Development and Public Works – for the period 2015 – 2018 the law firm represented the client in 10 cases under the Act on Management of Funding from the European Structural and Investment Funds, for appeals against acts for imposing financial corrections, as well as in defense of the interests of the state body as a defendant in these cases, for the total matter value of over BGN 8,000,000. The consultations of the law firm were related to drafting a comprehensive strategy to protect the legal interests of the client, analysis of national and European legislation, representation before civil and administrative courts, communication with experts from departments in the Ministry of Regional Development and Public Works, etc.
- The insurance company Sofia Ins was defended by the law firm in an arbitration proceeding.