Georgiev, Todorov & Co. Law Offices has an extensive experience in the field of healthcare and pharmaceutical law, and provides legal services to hospitals and pharmaceutical companies.
Our team of experts offers full service legal support to various healthcare institutions by consulting them on corporate and specific regulatory issues. In particular, we provide services for initiation and successful representation in administrative procedures for registration and licensing of medical activities, for recognition of qualifications of foreign specialists to practice the medical profession on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria, in applications for concluding contracts for the provision of hospital care along clinical paths, as well as clinical and ambulatory procedures with the National Health Insurance Fund, etc.
In the pharmaceutical sector we provide legal support to various companies in relation to production, export, import and trade of pharmaceuticals and active substances and related authorization and notification administrative regimes, as well as on the pricing and reimbursement of pharmaceuticals. Our team advises on the conclusion of contracts for conducting clinical trials with pharmaceuticals by contracting with both authorities and medical establishments.
Our team is recognized by the independent international legal directory Legal 500, which ranks the law firm as one of the leader in the field of Healthcare and Life Sciences for a fourth consecutive year.
- The law firm provides legal representation in court of hospitals within the group of Acibadem City Clinic in cases for payment of hospital medical services and medical supplies made over the set monthly values (the so-called limits) against the National Health Insurance Fund.
- The legal team consults Hill Clinic since the establishment of the hospital in relation to regulatory issues, patients’ rights, on the conclusion of scientific exchange contracts and on the recognition of qualifications of international specialists, etc.
- Our lawyers provide on-going legal support to On Clinic since its establishment.
- The law firm represents MBAL Doverie in a case against the National Health Insurance Fund for payments of hospital medical services above the set limits.
- Our legal team appealed an order of the Minister of Healthcare for revoking MBAL Europe‘s permission to provide hospital activity and successfully represented the hospital before the Supreme Administrative Court, which at first instance overturned the order as unlawful.
- Roche Bulgaria – for more than ten years our law firm provides on-going legal support to Roche Bulgaria – the Bulgarian subsidiary of F. Hoffmann-La Roche, one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies
- Georgiev, Todorov & Co. provided legal assistance to Recordati S.p.A. (an international pharmaceutical group, established in 1926) for the establishment procedure of its subsidiary. As the only legal adviser in Bulgaria, we work in a close relation with the whole Recordati Group (with representatives in Romania, Italy, Ireland, etc.) regarding their overall activity on the Bulgarian market. Furthermore, our lawyers provide active assistance to the client on drafting contracts for distribution of pharmaceutical products.