Georgiev, Todorov & Co. advises on all insurance and reinsurance matters, as well as deals related to insurance transactions and disputes on a national and international basis. Moreover, our lawyers provide banking advice in relation to transactional and strategic advisory work. They assist a wide range of borrowers, lenders, issuers, underwriters and other clients in connection with debt finance and in respect of capital markets activity.
The long-standing experience of our team enables us to offer specialist advice, whatever the nature of the issue is. We also provide our clients with the assurance that we will use all of our knowledge to solve their problems which maximises the chances of success.Our personal approach enables us to add value to the services for our clients through in-depth local market knowledge, multi-disciplined expertise, as well as ability and capacity, where appropriate, to implement and manage international teams on cross-border projects efficiently and effectively.
- Georgiev, Todorov & Co. advised numerous banks on various legal issues, including Piraeus Bank in several insolvency cases; DSK Bank under frame agreements; International Asset Bank in relation to bank guarantees and UBS Switzerland on the conformity of their banking agreements with Bulgarian legislation.
- Our team also assisted the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) in the process of the establishment and licensing of Bulgarian Investment Bank (BIB). The law firm has also consulted EBRD on the sale of its shares in Bulgarian Investment Bank.
- Borica was advised on the implementation of new types of payments and account information services, performed entirely in the internet environment, and regulated by the Payment Services and Payment Systems Act.
- Our team provides legal consultancy to some of the largest independent asset management companies in Bulgaria such as Black Peak Capital and Entrea Capital.
- Оur lawyers consulted the Central Depositary on the structuring, financing and applicable regulatory framework in the capital market field in Bulgaria.
- The insurance company Sofia Ins was defended in an arbitration proceeding by our law firm.