Georgiev, Todorov & Co. has experience in all insurance and reinsurance matters and deals with insurance transactions and disputes on a national and international basis. The experience of our team enables us to offer specialist advice whatever the nature of your problem or dispute. We can provide you with the comfort of knowing that we will use all our experience to solve your problems and maximize the chances of success.
We provide banking advice in relation to transactional and strategic advisory work. We advise a wide range of borrowers, lenders, issuers, underwriters and other advisers in connection with debt finance and in respect of capital markets activity. Our personal approach enables us to add value to our clients through in-depth local market knowledge, our multi-disciplined expertise and our seamless ability and capacity where appropriate, to implement and manage international teams on cross-border projects efficiently and effectively.
- Advising Piraeus Bank regarding insolvency cases.
- Advising DSK Bank under frame agreement.
- Advising International Asset Bank regarding bank guarantees.
- Advising UBS Switzerland on conformity of banking agreements with Bulgarian legislation.
- Advising the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) in the process of the establishment and licensing of the Bulgarian Investment Bank (BIB). The firm has also advised EBRD on the sale of its shares in Bulgarian Investment Bank.
- In 2014 the law firm successfully consulted a group of Bulgarian investors (leading public companies and commercial banks) in the procedure related to the establishment and obtaining a license from the Financial Supervision Commission for an insurance joint-stock company.
- Advised Sofia Ins insurance company under a retainer agreement and successfully defended in an arbitration case.
- Provision of legal advice and successful representation of the State Insurance Institute.