Georgiev, Todorov & Co. has a successful practice in the field of dispute resolution for more than 25 years. Тhe years of experience our law firm has helps it achieve effective results for our clients in corporate and contract litigation, financial issues, insurance, insolvency, and regulatory matters, etc. Our extensive practice gives us the opportunity to use alternative dispute resolution procedures, depending on the specifics of the case.
Our team has a notable experience in conducting arbitration, supervised by the major Bulgarian arbitrary bodies, as well as in ad hoc arbitration.
Our law firm is strongly recognized in all reputable independent international legal directories as one of the best law firms in Bulgaria in the sector. In 2020, once again, Georgiev, Todorov and Co. was ranked by Legal 500 and Chambers Europe as a leading law firm in dispute resolution.
- Georgiev, Todorov & Co. Law Offices represents several medical institutions on a number of cases, initiated against the National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF), for payment of medical care provided above the limit set.
- Our lawyers acted as co-council to the international law firm White & Case and the Serbian one NSTLAW in the investment arbitration of Kornikom before the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). The proceedings are initiated by the Bulgarian investor Kornikom against the Republic of Serbia, based on the bilateral investment treaty (BIT) between Serbia and Bulgaria and a claim for an unlawful termination of a privatization agreement. This case is significant both because of its cross-border element and because it is the only foreign investment dispute of a Bulgarian company against a state for 2019.
- We represent Asarel Medet before the Supreme Administrative Court in connection with a decision of the Ministry of Environment and Water approving the implementation of an investment proposal to expand the industrial area of its plant. The case is important for the client’s business as it concerns its future production investments destined for the country and abroad.
- Georgiev, Todorov & Co successfully represented Nef Telecom against the Privatization and Post Privatization Control Agency in an arbitration case initiated by the Privatization Agency before the International Court of Arbitration to the International Chamber of Commerce, which is situated in Paris. The claim was declared 100% unfounded.
- Our team also represented Zavod za Stomanobetonovi Konstrukcii i Izdelia EOOD against the claimant Terna S. A., where the other two respondents are Concrete Sleeper Consortium Vossloh-Bulgaria and Vossloh Fastening Systems GMBH. The arbitration procedure was heard before the International Court of Arbitration in Paris and the relevant book of FIDIC rules was applicable to the case.