Tsvetelina Dimitrova, PhD
Информация за контакт
Informations de contact
- Tel: +359 2 937 6517
- Location: 27 Parchevich Str. Sofia 1000, Bulgaria
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tsvetelina Dimitrova joined the team of Georgiev, Todorov & Co. Law Offices in September 2015. She achieved a PhD in Private International Law at the department of “International Law and International Relations” in Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski” on the topic “Mechanisms for International Investment Dispute Settlement”. While detecting the most problematic matters for foreign investors and analyzing the main grounds for disputes, Tsvetelina provides legal consultations on structuring of the investments even before their making in order to protect the interest of the investors in the best possible way.
In her practice at Georgiev, Todorov and Co Law offices, Tsvetelina has been engaged in complex international transactions and cases. In the sphere of Corporate and commercial law, Tsvetelina has been advising China Development Bank with respect to special pledges in Bulgaria securing facilities in the amount of EUR 95 million and EUR 48 million; advising BM Bank of Moscow with respect to enforcement of special pledges and mortgages securing a loan; advising the merger of 9 clinics in Bulgaria, Romania and Poland etc. In her everyday work she is acting on a number of clients with respect to their corporate and commercial issues such as RECORDATI S.p.A., Experian Bulgaria, Galchev Engineering, Borica, On Clinic JSC, Hill Clinic JSC, Lex.bg JSC, Ciela Production Ltd, Alliance Print Ltd etc.
Tsvetelina has a strong focus in EU law and has been participating in a case before the CJEU with reference to preliminary ruling on the side of Bulgarian administrative court; advising number of distributors with respect to competition issues on the Bulgarian market etc.
Tsvetelina is an author of number of publications:
- The Bulgaria Chapter of “International comparative legal guide to International Arbitration 2019, 16th Edition: A practical cross-border insight into international arbitration work”, August 2019; International Arbitration_Bulgaria 2019 Gerogiev,Todorov & Co.
- The Bulgarian Chapter of „Pharmaceutical Antitrust 2019” for the English legal publication Lexology Getting the Deal Through, June 2019;
- The Bulgaria Chapter of “International comparative legal guide to International Arbitration 2018, 15th Edition: A practical cross-border insight into international arbitration work”,July 2018; International Arbitration 2018_Bulgaria Georgiev, Todorov & Co.
- “Investment disputes in the energy sector: recent developments”, published by Thomson Reuters, Practical Law, co-author with Alexander Katzarsky, editor Anne Scatena, March 2018;Litigation and enforcement in Bulgaria overview
- Contribution to the report of World Bank Group – “Doing Business 2018: Reforming to Create Jobs” “Doing Business 2018: Reforming to Create Jobs”;
- The Legal 500 & The In-House Lawyer Comparative Legal Guide – Bulgaria: Intellectual Property, co-authored by Arno Mamasyan and Tsvetelina Dimitrova, 2018 Comparative Legal Guide – Bulgaria: Intellectual Property
- Author of Chambers and Partners’article “Тhe importance of drafting an addendum”, 2017
- “Establishment of transitional provisions in bilateral investment agreements between Member States and third countries and a new framework for the settlement of financial liability related to investor-state arbitration tribunals established under international agreements to which the European Union is a party“, Chapter of the collective monograph: ” Regulations on Private International Law of the European Union 2009-2016. Legal trends and developments”; authors: with Nikolay Natov, Boryana Museva, Vasil Pandov, Dafina Sarbinova, Teodora Tsenova, Mihail Stankov, Emil Tsanev, Tsvetelina Dimitrova, Sofia, Ciela, 2017, p.181-210
- “Concept of an “investment” within the meaning of the Convention on the Settlement of Investment Disputes between States and Nationals of Other States”, 2017 , published in “Papers of the National Conference of Doctoral Students in Law” (ISSN 2603-3011, p.288-295);
- Contribution to the „Bulgarian Legislative Assessment Report on Cross-Boder Insolvency Proceedings: Detecting Best Practices“ in the co-production “European and national perspectives on the application of the European insolvency regulation”, Edited by Stefano Dominelli, Ilaria Queirolo, co-author with Nikolay Natov, Boryana Museva, Vasil Pandov, Dafina Sarbinova, Teodora Tsenova, Emil Tsanev, publishing house: Scritti di diritto private europeo ed internatzionale, 2017, ISBN 978-88-255-0906-9;
- “The reform in the investment dispute settlement mechanism: from ad hoc arbitration towards Investment court system” (ISSN 1314-6459, p.328-339), 2016, published by Institute for legal studies in Bulgaria
- “Employment Contract with Internship Conditions“, article in Current Issues of Labor and Insurance Law. Challenges to Bulgarian Labor Law, Volume VII, Sofia, St. Kliment Ohridski University Publishing House, 2015, p.111-126; ISBN 978-954-07-3947-2.
She has been recognized by the international independent guide Legal 500 as a recommended lawyer in the Healthcare and life sciences practice area for 2018. In 2019 she has been ranked as Next generation lawyer in IP and recommended lawyer in Commercial, Corporate and M&A: Legal 500 profile: Tsvetelina Dimitrova.
Тsvetelina is member of the Sofia Bar Association, as well as of Young ICCA (International Council for Commercial Arbitration) and the Institute of Private International Law, Bulgaria.
Areas of practice