Tsvetelina Dimitrova, PhD
Информация за контакт
Informations de contact
- Tel: +359 2 937 6517
- Location: 27 Parchevich Str. Sofia 1000, Bulgaria
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tsvetelina Dimitrova joined the team of Georgiev, Todorov & Co. Law Offices in September 2015. She achieved a PhD in Private International Law at the department of “International Law and International Relations” in Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski” on the topic “Mechanisms for International Investment Dispute Settlement”. While detecting the most problematic matters for foreign investors and analyzing the main grounds for disputes, Tsvetelina provides legal consultations on structuring of the investments even before their making in order to protect the interest of the investors in the best possible way.
In her practice at Georgiev, Todorov and Co Law offices, Tsvetelina has been engaged in complex international transactions and cases. In the sphere of Corporate and commercial law, Tsvetelina has been advising China Development Bank with respect to special pledges in Bulgaria securing facilities in the amount of EUR 95 million and EUR 48 million; advising BM Bank of Moscow with respect to enforcement of special pledges and mortgages securing a loan; advising the merger of 9 clinics in Bulgaria, Romania and Poland etc. In her everyday work she is acting on a number of clients with respect to their corporate and commercial issues such as On Clinic JSC, Hill Clinic JSC, Lex.bg JSC, Ciela Production Ltd, Alliance Print Ltd etc.
Tsvetelina has a strong focus in EU law and has been participating in a case before the CJEU with reference to preliminary ruling on the side of Bulgarian administrative court; advising Nike on regulatory matters in Bulgaria; number of Distributors with respect to competition issues on the Bulgarian market etc.
Tsvetelina is an author of number of publications:
- The Bulgaria Chapter of “International comparative legal guide to International Arbitration 2018, 15th Edition: A practical cross-border insight into international arbitration work”. “European and national perspectives on the application of the European insolvency regulation”, co-author, Nov. 2017, published by Aracne;
- The Regulations on Private International Law of the European Union 2009-2016. Trends and Developments in the legal framework, chapter „The European union Regulations in the field of private international law 2009-2016 – developments and trends of Regulation (EC) No 1219/2012 and Regulation (ЕС) No 912/2014“, published by CIELA, Nov. 2017;
- “Concept of an “investment” within the meaning of the Convention on the Settlement of Investment Disputes between States and Nationals of Other States, publication date 2017 , published in “Papers of the National Conference of Doctoral Students in Law” (ISSN 2603-3011);
- “The reform in the investment dispute settlement mechanism: from ad hoc arbitration towards Investment court system”, publication date Sep 2016, published by Institute for legal studies in Bulgaria
She has been recognized by the international independent guide Legal 500 as a recommended lawyer in the Healthcare and life sciences practice area for 2018. In 2019 she has been ranked as Next generation lawyer in IP and recommended lawyer in Commercial, Corporate and M&A: https://www.legal500.com/firms/13423-georgiev-todorov-co/offices/14068-sofia-bulgaria/lawyers/9017181
She is member of the Sofia Bar Association since 2016.
Areas of practice