Georgiev, Todorov & Co. covers all aspects of the telecommunications industry, in addition to media and technology. Consultations in the sector are given on project finance, capital markets, as well as mergers and acquisitions. We have participated in most of the significant telecommunication deals in the history of the Republic of Bulgaria. Оur clients include operators, service and technology providers, etc. The law firm has been ranked as one of the leading ones in the international legal directories Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners for several consecutive years.
Our lawyers provide consultations and comprehensive legal assistance, regardless of the complexity or material interest of the issue. The TMT team brings together lawyers with experience in commercial transactions, and those with heavyweight litigation skills into one group, enabling us to deal with the broadest possible spectrum of issues. Our key practitioner in the sector Alexander Pachamanov is ranked as a leading lawyer in the TMT sector for 2020 in the prestigious international legal publication Chambers and Partners.
- Georgiev, Todorov & Co. Law Offices provided legal consultations to Viacom International Media Networks Hungary in relation to the legal regime regarding foreign ownership of television assets and the their broadcasting mode in Bulgaria. The client is a leading international entertainment company across television, motion pictures and digital media platforms, which has popular TV channels in its portfolio – Paramount Network, MTV, Nickelodeon, and Comedy Central.
- The law firm consulted Bulgarian Telecommunication Company regarding the restructuring of the company. Georgiev, Todorov & Co. played a key role in the privatization of Bulgarian Telecommunication Company in 2004 by representing the buyer – a consortium led by an American investment fund – Advent International. The team has also provided successful court defense for the licensing of the third GSM operator in Bulgaria – VIVACOM. As a recognition for its excellent work, the firm was retained as long-term legal counsel to support BTC in its day-to day activities (corporate law, contracts, etc.).
- Our law firm also provides a long-term legal support to Microsoft Corporation (USA), as well as to its local subsidiary (Microsoft Bulgaria). Advice includes localization of the product usage rights and end user license agreements for all MS software products; as well as application of e-signatures and e-documents in Bulgaria, etc.
- Georgiev, Todorov & Co. recently assisted the Hungarian subsidiary of T-Systems – the corporate customers unit of Deutsche Telekom, on legal issues regarding the Bulgarian legislation and compliance related to their trade operations on the Bulgarian telecommunication market.
- Our law firm has also advised on an ad hoc basis Oracle (via their local representative office) and Cisco (UK), as well as the biggest local developer of professional software products under MS Windows and CIELA publishing house as a licensor of an e-information system for lawyers.