Our law firm covers all aspects of the telecommunications industry, in addition to broadcasting, media and technology. Our lawyers provide advice on project finance, capital markets, as well as mergers and acquisitions in the sector. We have participated in some of the major telecommunication deals in the history of the Republic of Bulgaria and our clients include operators, service and technology providers, and many others. The law firm has been ranked for several consecutive years as a leading one in most of the international directories.
Our lawyers provide consultations and comprehensive legal assistance, regardless of the complexity or material interests of the issues. The TMT practice here brings together lawyers with commercial transactional experience, and those with heavyweight litigation skills into one group, enabling us to deal with the broadest spectrum of IT issues.Our key practitioner in the sector Alexander Pachamanov is ranked as a leading lawyer in the TMT sector for 2019 in the prestigious international legal publication Chambers and Partners.
- Georgiev, Todorov & Co. Law Offices provided legal consultations to Viacom International Media Networks Hungary in relation to the legal regime regarding foreign ownership of Free to Air (“FTA”) television assets and the regime of the time shift broadcasting in Bulgaria. The client is a leading international entertainment company across television, motion pictures and digital media platforms, which has popular TV channels in its portfolio – Paramount Network, MTV, Nickelodeon, and Comedy Central.
- The law firm consulted Bulgarian Telecommunication Company regarding the restructuring of the company. Georgiev, Todorov & Co. played a key role in the privatization of Bulgarian Telecommunication Company in 2004 by providing support to the buyer – a consortium led by an American investment fund – Advent International. The team has also provided successful court defense for the license of the third GSM operator in Bulgaria. As recognition for its excellent work, the firm was retained as long-term legal counsel to support BTC in its day-to day activities (corporate law, contracts, telecommunications, etc.).
- Our law firm also provides a long-term legal support to Microsoft Corporation (USA), as well as to its local subsidiary (Microsoft Bulgaria). Advice includes localization of the product usage rights and end user license agreements for all MS software products; as well as application of e-signatures and e-documents in Bulgaria, etc.
- Georgiev, Todorov & Co recently assisted the Hungarian subsidiary of T-Systems – the corporate customers unit of Deutsche Telekom, on legal issues regarding the Bulgarian legislation and compliance related to their trade operations on the Bulgarian telecommunication market.
- Our law firm has also advised on an ad hoc basis Oracle (via their local representative office) and Cisco (UK), as well as the biggest local developer of professional software products under MS Windows and CIELA Publishing House as a licensor of e-information system for lawyers.