Georgiev, Todorov & Co. covers all aspects of the telecommunications industry, as well as media and technology. Consultations in the sector are provided in relation to project finance, capital markets, in addition to mergers and acquisitions. We have participated in most of the significant telecommunication deals in the history of the Republic of Bulgaria. Оur clients include operators, service and technology providers, etc.
Our lawyers provide consultations and comprehensive legal assistance, regardless of the complexity or value of the issue. The TMT team brings together lawyers with experience in commercial transactions, and those with heavyweight litigation skills into one group, enabling us to deal with the broadest possible spectrum of issues. Our key practitioner in the sector Alexander Pachamanov is ranked as a leading lawyer in the TMT sector for 2021 in the prestigious international legal publication Chambers and Partners.
- The law firm consulted Bulgarian Telecommunication Company regarding the restructuring of the company. Georgiev, Todorov & Co. played a key role in the privatization of Bulgarian Telecommunication Company in 2004 by representing the buyer – a consortium led by an American investment fund – Advent International. The team has also provided successful court defense for the licensing of the third GSM operator in Bulgaria – VIVACOM. As a recognition of its excellent work, the law firm was chosen to be the main legal consultant of the client for the over 15 years already, providing consultations on various issues, including intellectual property law and commercial law, as well as European Union Law and in particular anti-competitive agreements, concerted practices and abuse of a dominant position.
- The law firm provided legal services to Fleet Services in the purchase of all shares in the capital of Mobiliz Bilgi ve İletişim Teknolojileri Anonymous Şirketi – a joint stock company organized and existing under the laws of the Republic of Turkey. The acquired company is the second largest GPS operator in Turkey and is constantly developing its business.
- Georgiev, Todorov & Co. provided legal advice to Experian Bulgaria regarding the application of the requirements of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 in accordance with the overall business activity of the company. Our legal team performed an in-depth analysis of the legal, technical and organizational status of the client’s business. The law firm has ensured that the rights of subjects are exercised, as well as there is compliance with the requirements of the new data protection regulation. We currently provide the client with ongoing legal assistance.
- The law firm is the legal representative of Dench iGaming Solutions, a B2B software provider with a focus on the iGaming industry. The client’s business specializes in providing next-generation gaming platforms and real-time marketing automation solutions with a focus on bonuses, rewards and user engagement. Our team has drafted contracts with game providers and payment operators; employment contracts; licensing agreements, as well as in relation to software development, in which the most important clauses regulate intellectual property rights.
- Georgiev, Todorov & Co. Law Offices provided legal consultations to Viacom International Media Networks Hungary in relation to the legal regime regarding foreign ownership of television assets and the their broadcasting mode in Bulgaria. The client is a leading international entertainment company across television, motion pictures and digital media platforms, which has popular TV channels in its portfolio – Paramount Network, MTV, Nickelodeon, and Comedy Central.
- Our law firm has been a long-term legal representative of Microsoft Corporation (USA), as well as to its local subsidiary (Microsoft Bulgaria). Our work includes localization of the product usage rights and end user license agreements for all MS software products; as well as application of e-signatures and e-documents in Bulgaria, etc.
- Georgiev, Todorov & Co. recently assisted the Hungarian subsidiary of T-Systems – the corporate customers unit of Deutsche Telekom, on legal issues regarding the Bulgarian legislation and compliance related to their trade operations on the Bulgarian telecommunication market.
- Our law firm has also advised on an ad hoc basis Oracle (via their local representative office) and Cisco (UK), as well as the biggest local developer of professional software products under Microsoft Windows and CIELA publishing house acting as a licensor of an e-information system for lawyers.
- In addition, our law firm has extensive experience in the Gambling field. You can read further information in the following presentation: Gambling Experience