Our law firm covers all aspects of the telecommunications industry as well as broadcasting, media and technology. Our lawyers provide advice on acquisition and project finance, capital markets, mergers and acquisitions as they relate to the telecommunications industry. We have participated in the major telecommunication deals in the history of the Republic of Bulgaria and our clients include operators, service providers, technology providers and many others. The firm is for a long time in the first tier of most of the international directories.
No matter how small or complex the issue is, we are confident that we can help you. Our IT practice brings together lawyers with commercial transactional experience and heavyweight litigation skills into one group, enabling us to deal with the broadest spectrum of IT issues. We can provide you with a service that deals not only with IT contract creation but also contract management and, if needed, dispute management.
- Advising Bulgarian Telecommunication Company regarding the restructuring of the company.
- Georgiev, Todorov & Co. played a key role in the privatization of Bulgarian Telecommunication Company in 2004 by providing support to the buyer – a consortium led by an American investment fund – Advent International and has provided successful court defence of GSM3 licence. As recognition the firm was retained as long-term outside counsel to support BTC in its day-to day activities (corporate law, contracts, telecommunications, etc.).
- Advised the Hellenic Telecommunications Organization, Greece (OTE S.A.) on their participation in the GSM2 bidding procedure and the firm provided to OTE advice on all actions and transactions related to the structuring and realization of its investment in Bulgaria.
- The firm, in a consortium, won the public procurement procedure: “Development of E-government”, lot I: Analysis, identification and registration of the primary data administrators and their services within the E-government registries.
- The firm provides also a long-term advice to Microsoft Corporation (USA) as well as to its local subsidiary (Microsoft Bulgaria). Work includes localization of the Product Use Rights and End User License Agreements for all MS software products; advice on application of e-signatures and e-documents in Bulgaria, etc.
- The firm has also advised on an ad hoc basis Oracle (via their local representative office) and Cisco (UK), as well as the biggest local developer of professional software products under MS Windows: CIELA Publishing House as the licensor of e-information system for lawyers.