Georgiev, Todorov & Co. is recognized as a leading law firm in the competition law sector in Bulgaria for more than a decade. Our team advises various businesses and responds to the diverse needs of the clients no matter what the industry is or how complex the issue is.
Our successful practice is proven by our leading ranking in the sector in the Legal 500 for 2021.
In addition, we represent in court key market players on some of the most significant cases in Bulgaria in relation to unfair competition.
The law firm’s expertise covers the whole spectrum of national and EU matters in competition law: antitrust, state aid, public services and services of general economic interest, as well as merger control with a particular focus on antitrust legislation and compliance with state aid rules.
- For over 15 years our team provides successful legal consultancy and represents in court the Bulgarian Telecommunication Company (BTC) on numerous issues in the sector. Our law firm advises the leader of the telecommunication services on the Bulgarian market on all ongoing issues related to its activities due to the retainer agreement for legal services between them. Because of its position as an incumbent operator, as well as an operator with significant market power, BTC is often engaged in procedures for alleged abuse of dominant position and unfair competition.
- Georgiev, Todorov & Co. advised Comsed (a children’s stores chain, the exclusive distributor for Bulgaria of leading world brands in the field of toys such as: LEGO, PLAYMOBIL, DISNEY PLUSH, and RAVENSBURGER) on numerous competition law issues in the course of their advertising campaigns, as well as on their commercial sales and promotions.
- Our law firm successfully represented Balkam Group Ltd. (owner of the brand Brazil Selection Gold) in proceedings before the Administrative Court – Sofia region, initiated by Jacobs Douwe Egberts BG (owner of one of the most recognizable and best-selling coffee brands – Nova Brasilia) in relation to an allegation of unfair competition for imitation of the design of Nova Brasilia packaging in order to mislead potential consumers.
- A long-term client of the law firm is Roche Bulgaria – the Bulgarian subsidiary of F. Hoffmann-La Roche, one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. We often consult the client on compliance of all aspects of their activities with the applicable competition law. Recently, our lawyers have successfully defended Roche Bulgaria before the Commission for Protection of Competition in proceedings against the Ministry of Health for an alleged cartel of the pharmaceutical companies, which take part in public procurement procedures in hospitals.
- Georgiev, Todorov & Co. provides ongoing support on different legal issues to Ciela Norma. We advise the client on competition and commercial matters regarding their overall business activities, implementation and compliance of customers’ and distributors’ promotional and bonus programs, advertising campaigns, representation before the national regulatory bodies and courts.