For the past 25 years, the Georgiev, Todorov & Co. Law Offices has consulted key clients on significant mergers and acquisitions, as well as on some of the largest privatization deals in the history of Bulgaria.
The law firm has experience in administrative and corporate litigation, and also consults in relation to financial issues, regulatory matters, insurance, and insolvency. Our lawyers advocate the use of alternative dispute resolution procedures depending on the specifics of the case in particular. Arbitration procedures supervised by the major Bulgarian arbitral bodies, as well as ad hoc arbitrations, are also often used.
Our expert team is recognized as a leader in the field by reputable international legal directories for its wide and successful expertise and is highly appreciated by its clients for the application of creative solutions that lead to their business development.
- Our law firm provided legal consultancy on the privatization procedure for the Bulgarian Maritime Fleet, advising the winning bidder – KG Maritime Shipping. Georgiev, Todorov & Co. was the only legal adviser to the buyer. The total transaction and investment value pursuant to the share purchase agreement amounts to over BGN 1,2 billion.
- Our lawyers have been involved in the successful privatization of the national air carrier – Bulgaria Air, as a legal representative of the winner of the tender. They have also advised the client on various corporate matters.
- Georgiev, Todorov & Co. conducted the complex due diligence of Balkancar Sredetz’s services and represented the successful bidder before the Commission of Protection of Competition and the Supreme Administrative Court. The value of the privatization deal exceeded the amount of EUR 50 million.
- NU Image Bulgaria – our team provided legal advice to the client, who has won the bid for the privatization of “Boyana Film” EAD-Bulgaria’s biggest film production company – a daughter company of NU Image Inc. USA. Our work included extensive negotiations with the Privatization Agency of the Republic of Bulgaria and legal advice on various aspects of the share purchase agreement. The project amounted to approximately EUR 6 million.
- M&BM Express – the law firm has prepared the vendor’s due diligence for their acquisition by the Austrian posts. We also advised the client on legal issues in the field of postal services, provided regulatory strategies, represented it before regulatory bodies, and led negotiations on its behalf.
- Georgiev, Todorov & Co. has advised Titan Sport (a subsidiary of Titan International) on the acquisition of the professional football club PFK CSKA. Work involved preparation of a due diligence report of the enterprise, negotiations, and conclusion of a share purchase agreement for the whole capital of the company, as well as the procedure for receiving approval for the concentration by the Commission for Protection of Competition.