Our clients benefit from our business-oriented approach, which leads to creative and practical solutions. We advise on all aspects of intellectual property rights with regards to protection, exploitation and enforcement of patents, trademarks, and copyrights, as well as industrial design and database rights.
Georgiev, Todorov & Co. has been recognized as a leading law firm in the sector by the prestigious international legal publication Legal 500 for 2019. In addition, one of our key lawyers in the sector, our senior associate Tsvetelina Dimitrova has been ranked as a next generation lawyer, and has co-authored the exclusive Bulgaria Intellectual Property Comparative Guide for the international legal publication The In-House Lawyer, together with our senior partner Arno Mamasyan: Bulgaria_Intellectual-Property_In-House Lawyer_2018.
- Our team supported Backbar Club when negotiating the distribution contracts and specifically regulating the use of the IP rights of the company in promotional and marketing activities, including packaging. We were also engaged in the process of registering a joint trademark with another producer and regulating the rights and obligations arising out of the joint trademark ownership.
- Georgiev, Todorov & Co provided an extremely important assistance to Ciela Norma on copyright protection of their rights in foreign countries.
- Advising Microsoft Bulgaria regarding registration of trademarks, as well as providing consultation on actions on defense of violated trademark rights.
- Our senior associate Tsvetelina Dimitrova presented along with an expert from the Patent office of the Republic of Bulgaria a one-day seminar for patent law to employees of the Bulgarian subsidiary of the leading worldwide provider of non-ferrous metals – Aurubis. The seminar specialised on the specific needs of the company in the sector, including the patent frequency of their products.
- Legal advice was provided on some copyright issues related to software
product developing. We act for clients such as Borica (a major developer of
the technology infrastructure of the online payment and bank transfer industry in Bulgaria).
- Representing Maspex Ltd, a Polish company, on the acquisition of Litex Juice ltd, Litex Commerce Ltd, Litex Shop, and the production and distribution of juices under the trademark “Queens” on all the trade marks of the company.