We advise on all aspects of intellectual property law regarding the protection, exploitation, and enforcement of patents, trademarks, and copyright, as well as industrial property and database rights. Our clients benefit from our business-oriented approach, which leads to creative and practical solutions.
Georgiev, Todorov & Co. has been recognized as a leading law firm in the sector by the prestigious international legal publication Legal 500 for 2020. In addition, one of our key lawyers in the sector, our senior associate Tsvetelina Dimitrova has been ranked as a Next Generation Lawyer in the same publication and has co-authored the exclusive Bulgarian chapter in the Intellectual Property Comparative Guide for the international legal publication The In-House Lawyer, with our senior partner Arno Mamasyan: Bulgaria_Intellectual-Property_In-House Lawyer_2018.
- Our lawyers recently protected the interests of NEXO Capital for deregistration of a trademark by appealing a decision of the Patent Office before the court by presenting a detailed analysis for the lack of similarities between the trademark of a foreign company and our client’s trademark.
- Georgiev, Todorov & Co. has assisted Evros K&P (one of the leading and prosperous companies in the field of perfumery and cosmetics in Bulgaria) in relation to the company’s ability to import goods with the trademark of a luxurious brand on the territory of Bulgaria.
- Our law firm consulted CATALANA DE INVESTIGACION Y DESARROLLO DE ELECTRONICA S.L. about the possible legal actions to be undertaken against Mar 2000 Ltd., a company which has imported identical toys from China under the same brand without its explicit permission and thus violating the intellectual property rights of the Spanish company. We had to therefore comply with the EU legislation and consider other international regulations in the field to protect the interests of our international client.
- Our team advised Backbar Club on the negotiation of its distribution contracts and specifically on the regulation of the use of the intellectual property rights of the company in promotional and marketing activities, including packaging. We were also engaged in the process of registering a joint trademark with another producer and regulating the rights and obligations arising out of the joint trademark ownership.
- Georgiev, Todorov & Co. provides legal assistance to Ciela Norma on copyright protection of their rights in foreign countries.
- Legal advice was provided to Microsoft Bulgaria regarding the registration of trademarks, as well as drafting opinions in relation to the protection of violated trademark rights.
- Tsvetelina Dimitrova presented along with an expert from The Patent Office of the Republic of Bulgaria a one-day seminar for patent law to the employees of the Bulgarian subsidiary of the leading worldwide provider of non-ferrous metals – Aurubis. The seminar was focused on the specific needs of the company in the sector, including the frequency of patent granting for their products.
- Legal assistance was provided on some copyright issues related to software product development for key clients such as Borica (a major developer of the technology infrastructure of the online payment and bank transfer industry in Bulgaria).
- The law firm represented Maspex, a Polish company, on the acquisition of Litex Juice, Litex Commerce, and Litex Shop, and in relation to the production and distribution of juices under the trademark “Queens” on all the trademarks of the company.
- We have been consultants to international companies such as Mothercare, Costa International, and Vanguard on the applicable legislation and the registration regime in Bulgaria.