Our clients benefit from our business-oriented approach, which leads to creative and practical solutions. We advise on all aspects of intellectual property rights with regards to protection, exploitation and enforcement of patents, trademarks, and copyrights, as well as industrial property and database rights.
Georgiev, Todorov & Co. has been recognized as a leading law firm in the sector by the prestigious international legal publication Legal 500 for 2019. In addition, one of our key lawyers in the sector, our senior associate Tsvetelina Dimitrova has been ranked as a next generation lawyer in the same publication, and has co-authored the exclusive Bulgarian chapter in the Intellectual Property Comparative Guide for the international legal publication The In-House Lawyer, with our senior partner Arno Mamasyan: Bulgaria_Intellectual-Property_In-House Lawyer_2018.
- Our team consulted Backbar Club on the negotiation of its distribution contracts and specifically on the regulation of the use of the intellectual property rights of the company in promotional and marketing activities, including packaging. We were also engaged in the process of registering a joint trademark with another producer and regulating the rights and obligations arising out of the joint trademark ownership.
- Georgiev, Todorov & Co provided an extremely important assistance to Ciela Norma on copyright protection of their rights in foreign countries.
- Legal advice was provided to Microsoft Bulgaria regarding the registration of trademarks, as well as drafting opinions in relation to the protection of violated trademark rights.
- Our senior associate Tsvetelina Dimitrova presented along with an expert from the Patent office of the Republic of Bulgaria a one-day seminar for patent law to the employees of the Bulgarian subsidiary of the leading worldwide provider of non-ferrous metals – Aurubis. The seminar was focusing on the specific needs of the company in the sector, including the frequency of patent granting for their products.
- Legal assistance was provided on some copyright issues related to software product developing for key clients such as Borica (a major developer of the technology infrastructure of the online payment and bank transfer industry in Bulgaria).
- The law firm represented Maspex, a Polish company, on the acquisition of Litex Juice, Litex Commerce, and Litex Shop, and in relation to the production and distribution of juices under the trademark “Queens” on all the trademarks of the company.