Georgiev, Todorov & Co. offers first-class legal services in real estate. Our law firm has been ranked as one of the leaders in the sector in the prestigious international publication Legal 500 for a decade, and our key lawyer in the field – Miglena Peneva is recommended in the two main legal directories: Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners.
Our lawyers have the experience and expertise to deal with all demanding matters on behalf of investors, developers, corporate occupiers, and other key players in the area. Clients are from various sectors – government, engineering, pharmaceutical, finance, transportation, and charity.
Our team provides a full scope of legal services, including contract drafting (sale and purchase as well as construction agreements, contracts for establishing real
rights), due diligence (complex analysis of real rights, ownership, the territorial status of properties, planning of territory), and representation before the institutions. We also undertake work related to acquisitions and disposals, financing, portfolio sales and securitization, and tax mitigation solutions for a group of construction companies and real estate entrepreneurs.
- Georgiev, Todorov & Co. provides ongoing legal consultancy to one of the most successful real estate companies on the Bulgarian market – AG Capital, regarding the acquisition of properties in Sofia, including in-depth analysis of the ownership rights of the property subjects of acquisition, territorial status and planning provisions under the general plan of Sofia. The law firm is recognized by the company as a friend of the group.
- Our team has been chosen to be the legal advisor of the professional organization of the largest construction entrepreneurs in Bulgaria – National Association of Property Developers (NAPD) and to protect their interests in front of the competent Bulgarian authorities and the state. We provided in-depth analysis for the realization of the public transport infrastructure for the territory of the Sofia Municipality subject to the regulation of the legislation for the past 30 years, as well as provided legal consultancy related to improving the investment process in Bulgaria.
- Our law firm is a long-term legal representative of the European Commission on purchase of real estate in Sofia.
- Assisting Alfred Toepfer International regarding the acquisition of real estate properties for the construction of а port on Danube River.
- We advised the Bulgarian Telecommunication Company with regards to the sale of the company’s real estate properties and prepared due diligence reports. The total value of the properties was around EUR 335 million.
- Representing BLD 33 in court proceedings with a significant material interest in relation to a building permit for construction of a complex of buildings, located in the center of Sofia.
- Our team carried out the financial and legal analysis in a big project for one of the largest real estate companies in Bulgaria: “Sofiyski Imoti” which has assets valued at more than BGN 550 million.
- We were the local legal representative of the English investment fund Chelsfield Partners for a large project, involving the construction of a shopping and entertainment center, sports halls, and hotels in the second biggest city in Bulgaria – Plovdiv.