Tsvetelina Dimitrova, PhD
Информация за контакт
Informations de contact
- Tel: +359 2 937 6517
- Location: 27 Petar Parchevich Str. Sofia 1000, Bulgaria
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tsvetelina Dimitrova graduated from the Law Department at Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski” with honors. She joined the team of Georgiev, Todorov & Co. Law Offices in September 2015. Prior to that, she worked in another law firm for five years with a focus on court proceedings. In 2019, she defended a Ph.D. in Private International Law at the Department of International Law and International Relations at Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski” with a topic of her dissertation – “Mechanisms for Settling Investment Disputes”. Since October 2019, she is a senior assistant at Sofia University, where she teaches Private International Law.
In her practice at Georgiev, Todorov & Co Law Offices, Tsvetelina has been engaged in complex international transactions and cases, as well as national disputes of significant importance. While detecting the most problematic matters for foreign investors and analyzing the main grounds for disputes, she provides legal consultations on the structuring of investments in order to protect the interests of the investors in the best possible way and avoid any potential risks for clients.
In the sphere of Corporate and Commercial Law, Tsvetelina consulted the China Development Bank in relation to special pledges in Bulgaria and securing loans for EUR 95 million and EUR 48 million; Resalta Bulgaria for drafting a long-term contract ensuring reduced electricity consumption for the amount of EUR 7.5 million; confidential client in relation to enforcement of special pledges and mortgages; as well as on the mergers and acquisitions of 9 clinics in Bulgaria, Romania, Poland, etc. She recently assisted Fleet Services on one of the biggest deals for Bulgaria for 2019 – the purchase of Mobiliz Bilgi ve İletişim Teknolojileri Anonymous Şirketi, Turkey (the second biggest GPS company in Turkey).
In the field of Dispute Resolution and Arbitration, Tsvetelina took part in Kornikom’s investment arbitration against the Republic of Serbia before the International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes in relation to a bilateral investment agreement between Serbia and Bulgaria and a claim for illegal termination of a privatization contract; represented Thales, Austria in a public procurement procedure for EUR 32 million for the design and construction of signaling and telecommunications systems, and a European train control system, and advises the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Forestry in determining the ownership of real estate properties worth EUR 4 and 5 million.
Tsvetelina also focuses on European Union Law, and she recently advised a client before the CJEU on a preliminary ruling by the Administrative Court Sofia-city. She also represents many international distributors from various industries in cases regarding competition law on the Bulgarian market.
She also advises on employment law issues, including management contracts, termination of the contracts and rights and obligations of the employer.
In her everyday work, Tsvetelina consults a number of clients including RECORDATI S.p.A., Roche Bulgaria, Experian Bulgaria, Galchev Engineering, Borica, On Clinic, Hill Clinic, Lex.bg, Ciela, Alliance Print on various legal issues.
Tsvetelina was recognized by the independent international legal directory Legal 500 as a recommended lawyer in the field of Healthcare and Life Sciences in 2018. In 2019 she was ranked as a Next Generation Lawyer for the Intellectual Property sector and was recommended in the field of Corporate and Commercial Law. In 2020, Tsvetelina is ranked as a “Rising Star” in Dispute Resolution and Intellectual Property. In 2022, Tsvetelina maintains her position in the Intellectual Property sector, where she is a “Next Generation Partner” and is recommended in six other sectors – Banking, Finance and Capital Markets, Commercial, Corporate and M&A, Dispute Resolution, EU & Competition, Healthcare and Life Sciences, TMT and Transport.
An additional recognition for the professional qualities and her experience in the sector is the inclusion of Tsvetelina Dimitrova in the annual list of “most influential arbitrators” in Central and Eastern Europe (Arbitration Powerlist 2021 Central and Eastern Europe) of Legal 500.
After participating as a judge in the Foreign Direct Investment International Arbitration Moot for 2020, Mrs. Dimitrova received a special certificate: FDI Moot 2020 – Tsvetelina Dimitrova
Furthermore, in December 2020, Tsvetelina successfully completed a training at the Bulgarian Association of Architects and Engineers Consultants on the topic: Dispute Commissions under FIDIC Contract Terms
Since 2021, Tsvetelina has been a member of the Bulgarian Society of Construction Law. The organization is a member of the “European Society of Construction Law” and organizes seminars on FIDIC, for which our law firm is often invited as some of their members are in the Dispute Resolution Commissions.
Tsvetelina is an author of a number of publications:
- Co-author of “International jurisdiction in proceedings related to violations of the General Data Protection Regulation.”: International jurisdiction in proceedings related to violations of the GPDR
- “Copyright in Employment Law.” – Commentary in Issue 3 of February 2022 at the E-Platform for Taxes, Accounting, Insurance and Labor – TITA: Copyright in Employment Law
- “Hardship and force majeure in private relations with an international element. The question of the applicable law. ”In issue 1-2 / 2021 of Norma Magazine: Hardship and force majeure in private relations with an international element. The question of the applicable law
- Co-author with Associate Professor Boryana Museva of a comment of the decision of the Court of Justice of the European Union in the case C-519/19 Ryanair DAC against DelayFix in the article “Airlines cannot impose on passengers exact location for trials” at the legal platform lex.bg
- The Bulgarian Chapter of “International Comparative Legal Guide to International Arbitration 2020″, 17th Edition: A practical cross-border insight into international arbitration work, August 2020; International Arbitration_2020_Bulgaria_Gеоrgiev, Todorov & Co.
- The Bulgarian Chapter of „Pharmaceutical Antitrust 2020” for the English legal publication Lexology Getting the Deal Through, June 2020; Pharmaceutical Antitrust_2020_Georgiev, Todorov & Co.
- The Bulgarian Chapter of “International Comparative Legal Guide to International Arbitration 2019“, 16th Edition: A practical cross-border insight into international arbitration work, August 2019; International Arbitration_2019_Bulgaria_Gerogiev,Todorov & Co.
- The Bulgarian Chapter of „Pharmaceutical Antitrust 2019” for the English legal publication Lexology Getting the Deal Through, June 2019;
- The Bulgarian Chapter of “International Comparative Legal Guide to International Arbitration 2018, 15th Edition: A practical cross-border insight into international arbitration work,July 2018; International Arbitration 2018_Bulgaria Georgiev, Todorov & Co.
- “Investment disputes in the energy sector: recent developments”, published by Thomson Reuters, Practical Law, co-author with Alexander Katzarsky, editor Anne Scatena, March 2018;Litigation and enforcement in Bulgaria overview
- Contribution to the report of World Bank Group – “Doing Business 2018: Reforming to Create Jobs” “Doing Business 2018: Reforming to Create Jobs”;
- The Legal 500 & The In-House Lawyer Comparative Legal Guide – Bulgaria: Intellectual Property, co-authored by Arno Mamasyan and Tsvetelina Dimitrova, 2018 Comparative Legal Guide – Bulgaria: Intellectual Property
- Author of Chambers and Partners’ article “Тhe importance of drafting an addendum”, 2017
Areas of practice